Tips to cut down on false alarms in Lima
False alarms are a legitimate issue for your home’s security. Not only are they a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they may decrease the trust you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you are able to do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Lima sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that your devices connected properly. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked miscues trigger false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on likely sources of false alarms, including entry points that could be left ajar inadvertently. And of course, don't hesitate to incorporate the various tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Lima.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Lima?
Like diagnosing any issue, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Be certain that all devices are connected correctly from your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually check each component to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Look over your scheduling to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart components are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service specialist if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Lima security system. They'll gladly dispatch a trained expert to check your setup.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your system checks out OK, the next step is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are your entries shut tight, or might there be a few accidentally open? If an entry point remains unlatched, it might trigger a sensor. In the event your family consistently fails to close a door, you can incorporate a smart lock that locks automatically when the alarm goes live. Regrettably, windows need extra manual maintenance, especially if you have someone who likes to rest with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that device while still shielding the rest of the house.
Smart home automation can be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Lima
One of the best methods to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your alarm system. With your mobile security app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you are home and avert false alarms caused by accidentally unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage whenever your smart front door lock is activated with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm as you depart the property, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive cell phone alerts when your components notice unusual movements or have need of a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart home speaker, so you can turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Lima with a Vivint smart home
Greater command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, contact (419) 614-6227 or submit the form below.