Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Lima
If you just bought your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and yours. You’re likely pondering the ways you should personalize your house with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make sure you examine home security too. Keeping the ones you care about safeguarded should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with our safety tips for new homeowners in Lima.
Complete a safety review of your new Lima property
Now that safety is top of mind, see what your new home already has. First, make certain you have working smoke detectors. Inspect each one and switch out batteries if needed. Are CO detectors present? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also an excellent time to upgrade door locks and inspect all window locks. Go through each room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Lima home
Once you’ve done your preliminary check of safety alarms and locks, you should look into enhancing your property’s defense. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Lima.
- Opt for a new home security system. One of the smartest things a new homeowner in Lima can do is integrate a home security system. Modern wireless technology lets you keep tabs on your home even when you’re away. You can review live video footage, control entry locks, and even speak with people on your front porch right from your smartphone. You may personalize your defense with amazing security features like video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Update exterior lighting. Outdoor lights with motion detectors are an effective strategy in discouraging prospective intruders. You might even incorporate them with outdoor cameras. When a motion sensor is triggered, it can signal your outdoor camera to start recording.
- Take care of your yard. Can you easily see all of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown shrubs and trees impeeding the view? Remove likely hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Meet people in your area. Talking about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friendly with people around you, there’s a greater chance they’ll advise you if they discern suspicious activity. You might also connect to your area’s social media presence if one is available.
- Take advantage of home automation. If you install a modern smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by illuminating smart light bulbs at scheduled moments. This is a nice feature when you’re at work or on vacation.