Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lima smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total control of your Lima home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lima do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded video from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lima by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lima
Although many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the details to send an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lima security system. Dial (419) 614-6227 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.